Friday, February 26, 2010

Week 6 Day 5

Friday, finally.  I will now have 2 whole days to come up with something to write about all next week.  So little time, so much to think about.

I still don't know what I am going to say today, so we'll just see where this leads us. 

Was expecting to get our Federal Refund back today, didn't happen.  I am not much for the waiting.  As the commercials say "It's my money, and I want it now!".  Different concept, same result.  It has been so long since we had any extra money to play with that I'm not sure we still know how to shop.

Hopefully it will come in the beginning of next week, if not I suppose I will have to contact the IRS to find out what the delay is.  Fun, fun.

Speaking of hope, we have all had our share of hopes and dreams about how our lives would turn out.
I know that I did.  From the time I was little I always thought that I would be working in an office, have a large family and have my kids and grandkids around me a lot.

Well, I'm not working in an office, although I have done so.  The large family didn't work out, not for want of trying.  The kids live far enough away that we only get together occasionally and only have 2 grandkids right now.  It works out ok, but still not what I had pictured it being.

Right now I am hoping to get a dream job.  I just keep plugging away at it, eventually something will turn up.
I applied for a General Manager job at a restaurant in Buffalo, so have my fingers crossed that I will at least get a call for an interview.  If not, will just keep applying until I do find something.

The worst part of being unemployed is the boredom that comes along with it, especially during the winter. You are so limited to what you can or want to do.  I'm not a fan of snow, cold or wind, so that leaves out anything to do with outside activities.  There is nothing on tv worth watching that I haven't already seen, and I don't play video games.  I can only read so many books and do so many puzzles.  After awhile my brain starts to feel like mush.  Don't get me wrong, I love to read, the problem is I can read a book a day and still have time left over.  And, yes, I do comprehend what the book is about.  Even remember it if I pick it up again in 6 months or so.

Anyway, whatever your hopes and dreams for your life are, I wish you all the success in getting everything you want out of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment