Sunday, February 14, 2010

Week 4 Day 7

Wow, it is amazing how little interest a person has when they don't feel good.  You will notice that a day is missing from this week.  I was so sick with the stomach flu, I didn't even have the energy to turn on the computer.  It takes what, 1/2 a second to push the button!  Just didn't care, the world could have blown up around me and as long as it didn't make me throw up, I would have been fine.  Feeling much better today, now I get to play catch up.

Arlen was wonderful during that time, did all the dishes, took out the garbage and kept asking if I wanted anything.  Too bad most of it involved food, it's the thought that counts.

Happy Valentine's Day to you all, I hope all your loves remember to at least say it.

As I sit here thinking back on ALL of the Valentine's Days that I have had in my life (and it is quite a few) I can't think of any one that stands out.  The ones in High School were probably the best, young love and all that, getting cards from boyfriends and special dates.  Memories are great, we can always make them better than what they were.

In 2 days my in-laws will be celebrating their 61st Anniversary.  Isn't that just awesome!  Too bad that in those 61 years they have only had 2 years where they didn't have brothers or kids living with them.  They are at the age where they should be able to take vacations whenever they want or go to Arizona or someplace to get out of the winter for a while.  Alas, they have their youngest (43 soon to be 44 year old) son living with them.

How sad when a child is too lazy to get a life of his of her own.  Sometimes it is a matter of neccessity, sometimes it is just plain selfishness.  If he were helping and contributing to the household it would be completely understandable, however, he thinks he is in charge of their health and their social lives.  Any time something comes up that they would like to go to, he doesn't feel well enough to drive them there.  Heaven forbid if someone wants to come and stay there for a couple of days to visit. 

A couple of years ago, we went down to have a bridal shower for our daughter there.  As we are unpacking the car, he asked us where we were going to be staying.  Can you believe it?  Where else would we go?  I have lots of relatives down there that we could have stayed with, but these are my husbands parents for crying out loud.  Where else would we stay?  Because of him, we haven't been back for almost 3 years.  We were going to go down for Christmas, but you remember what the weather was like, so needless to say we didn't make it.

I miss talking and playing games with them, but it is so uncomfortable to be in the house, knowing that he is upstairs and resenting the intrusion from anyone.  I feel bad that we don't go, but when you are made to feel so unwelcome, there isn't much you can do.  Maybe this summer we will get together and have a family picnic, that would be really nice.

Time to get caught up on other things, talk at you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment