Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Week 6 Day 2

Okay, so to get started, yep ran into a roadblock on that one.

I'm not sure what to write about, so I guess I will just start rambling and see where it takes me.

A while back I started talking about school and memories.  How many of you remember your very first date that your parents allowed?  I do.  I was 14, 8th grade, new school (thank goodness the last one) and my very first official date was with Arlen.

We went to the Homecoming dance.  Can't remember if I had a good time or not, do remember not dancing very much.  Of course back in '71 the music wasn't that great to dance to.  It was neither slow or fast, how do you move to that?  The next time we had a date was in '75 for, you got it, the Homecoming Dance.
Although at Jr. Prom, we had a good time, unofficially.  Neither of us had dates, like a lot of other people.  So all of us dateless people sat togeher and had the best time.  We could dance with whoever we wanted, talk about all the losers other people brought and in general just have fun.

We didn't get together again until '81 when my first husband and I split up, and the rest as they say is history.
We are coming up on our 28th Anniversary this year July24.  Hard to believe all that we have been through, seen and discovered in that time.  Some of it good, some not so good.  You just take what the good Lord offers and try and do your best with it.  Hopefully during that time we have made good use of our time with the kids and grandkids.  There are days that I have serious doubts about that. 

I know that we raised the kids right, they were both ready to go out and conquer the world when the time came, and they have done well.  Could not be more prouder of either of them then we already are.

Don't talk to them as much as I would like or see them very often.  They are both really busy with jobs, family and life in general, but I know that they both love us and will always be there when we need them.  There is no doubt in my mind about that.  So, we did good.

See where rambling will get you?

No comments:

Post a Comment