Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Week 6 Day 3

Am willing to try this at all different times of day.  Still haven't found one that seems to plug into my brain waves and let me know what to write about.

Talked to my daughter yesterday.  Hates her new job.  I think that it is more a matter of not being challanged enough mentally.  She is so used to being the only one in the office, so most of the office stuff was left up to her.  Hard to go from that to answering phones and scanning all day.

Face it, we've all had jobs that we absolutely hated.  I had one that I lasted one day!  I went to work in a manufacturing setting.  In my opinion, that job could have been performed by a monkey that could count.  All I did all night was sit in front of a machine that spit out little round disks of plastic that were used as plugs in headphone sets.  Of course it only spit them out when the machine was working correctly.  I cried the next night at the thought of going back to that.

I have had other jobs that I didn't care for, but didn't actually hate.  When I lived in the cities I got hired by a drug store to work in their office.  They had advertised for an office worker, when in reality they wanted an accountant.  The work itself wasn't too bad, the hours were good, and the pay at that time was good.  Didn't have to drive since it was only 3-4 blocks from where we lived.  The problem with it was the guy in charge of the store.  Still don't know if he was the owner or just the manager.  He was the kind that one day he would tell you to do something one way, and then the next ask why you were doing them that way.  Hard to enjoy the work when you have bosses who don't know the first thing about the departments.

Some of the jobs that I have had that I really enjoyed were waitressing, working in the Welfare office as a receptionist, home care and of course my managerial jobs in the convenience stores.  I evidently must be a "people" person since the jobs that I like best all involved one on one with others.  I never thought of myself that way.  I don't like crowds, and I have very low tolerance for stupid people.  Not that they are stupid in the mental sense, just in the common sense department.  After all, how many times can you explain to someone how to hit a key on a cash register to tell you the correct change to give back?

No comments:

Post a Comment