Sunday, February 7, 2010

Week 3 Day 7

Here I sit, another year older.  Birthday is over for another 364 days, yet I am doing the same thing I did yesterday and the day before.  Drinking coffee, ah that first cup of the day, and writing this.  Thank you to those of you who sent birthday greetings.  They were greatly appreciated.

We have our granddaughter at least until Monday, depending on the weather.  Suppose to get a snow storm, but so far nothing.  It was suppose to start snowing yesterday late in the afternoon, well it's now 5:42 am and still no snow.  Not complaining, don't really need any more, we have enough to last us now until it is gone.

Last month we had this beautiful hoar frost.  Why is it that this kind of frost can make almost anything outside look extremely beautiful and peaceful?  It is almost like God's way of saying, here is a little peace of the wonder that I am capable of.  Frosting on the cake.  Yes, I spelled peace correctly.

Had a wonderful meal yesterday, prepared by my daughter-in-law and daughter.  Amber brought down a pot roast and Miranda made a cake for desert.  I like the days when I don't have to cook.  I like cooking, don't get me wrong, but somedays you just shouldn't have to.  Like> your birthday and Mother's Day.

I'm kind of skipping all over today with the subject matter.  But that is just the way my brain is working this morning.  Waiting for Lily to wake up and make the day worthwhile.  She was in a very cuddly mood last night, I will take it whenever and whereever I can get it.  I'm greedy for that kind of thing.    I will have to download the pictures from my camera.  When I took her pony tail out, her hair decided to have a mind of its own.  Cute, very cute.

Take all the hugs, cuddles and kisses that you can when they are available, make them into memories for you never know when they will come again.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are enjoying her!

    I do miss her like crazy today though.

    ReplyDelete