Thursday, February 11, 2010

Week 4 Day 4

Insomnia.  Have you ever suffered from it?  Do you ever wonder what causes it?  What would you give to be rid of it?

I can't remember the last time I had a decent nights sleep.  I can usually manager 1 -2 hours at a time and then up for 1-2 hours, this will go on all night.  So tonight at 12:21 am I decided I may as well do this, maybe when the time comes in the morning, I will be asleep.

Insomnia ranks right up there with depression.  Which is probably one of the major causes of not being able to sleep.  Makes it hard to function the next day.  I am hoping that once I find a job, most of these problems will go away.  Please don't tell me to take Tylenol PM or any of the other sleep aids out there.  How do you think I manage the 1-2 hours?

I have tried forcing myself to stay up later, no difference, I have tried taking a nap in the afternoon, no difference, I have tried not drinking any caffeine, no difference.  I have even tried a hot shower.  Nothing.
As soon as I lay down, wide awake, then when I sit up I am yawning and can't wait to go to bed, only to be disappointed one more time.  So, I am going to finish this, play some solataire until I go stupid and try anything else that I think may help.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sometimes I think that if I could have the window open just a crack to get some fresh air it would help alot.  But who can afford the heating bill?!  Spring can't come fast enough, I need the fresh air and to get the staleness out of the house.  For some reason this year, winter seems to be lasting forever.  With all the snow we have, who knows when it will warm up enough to open the windows.

So, I am off to play my games, please wish me luck in the sleep department.

No comments:

Post a Comment