Thursday, February 4, 2010

Week 3 Day 4

Just checked the temp outside, it is 19 above at 6 am. Hopefully this means the day will be a nice one.

You know when I was in high school, I used to be pretty good at writing poetry. Sure none of it made a lot of sense, but at that age what did I know about life? Now the only thing that goes through my mind is the rythym of a limerick. How sad is that? I'm going to give it a try and see if it will cease being in my mind.

There once was a girl from St. Cloud,
Who said "For crying out loud",
I just lost my job,
But I'm not a snob,
In my daughter I'll always be proud.

Not my best work, but it will have to do for now.

Yes, my daughter found out yesterday that she will be laid off after today. She is a bright, kind, hard working, industrious young woman. She will land on her feet and keep on running toward her personal goals. Of this I have no doubt. When I told her brother her circumstances, he totally agreed with me. So sweetie, if you read this today, just know that you are not alone and we are all behind you 100%.

Job hunting no matter what your age or experience is always a scary thing to do. You are reliant upon other people to decide not only your present but your future.
Sometimes you just have to have faith that everything will turn out the way you want.

It's amazing how we learn to cope with almost any situation that is thrown at us. Sometimes it is with anger, or sadness or even with joy. Most of the time we experience all 3. Doesn't matter what order it is just a natural progression in life.

So to my darling daughter, I love you lots, never forget that and never doubt that I will always have your back in any decisions that you make.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Pat..that is so sweet of you to write. I hope Miranda reads this! She will make it through this bump in the road just like the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete