Monday, February 8, 2010

Week 4 Day 1

Okay, the weather sucks again.  it is after all February in Minnesota, no surprise there.  The big surprise is that the weather people were right.  How often do we get to say that?

Went to log into Facebook this morning like usual, and was told that my account is temporarily unavailable due to site maintainence and that I should check back in  a few hours.  How many is that?  Why can they not do this at 2 or 3 in the morning, what if you are already there, do they kick you off to do their maintainence?

So many questions, not enough answers.  Maybe after I have my first cup of coffee I will be able to come up with some.  Ha Ha.

I can't figure out these school districts, the roads are crappy, and yet do the ones in this area even bother to think of the kids or the drivers safety?  No, as long as they get the number of required days to get their state funding, they don't care.  Don't worry about what the other districts are doing, take care of your own.  Heaven forbid, that they would have to cut short one of their planned vacations, teacher workshops or even add an extra day to the end of the year.

I remember snow days.  How fun!  No bus ride, no homework, and all kinds of stuff to do out in the fresh snow.  Of course I don't feel that same way now.  But then I don't have a bus ride or homework and for the most part, snow has lost its charm.  Must be my age showing.

I also wonder about the mentality of the drivers out on the roads.  Why do they insist on driving like it is the middle of summer?  Do we have snow packed and ice covered roads in the summer?  No.  They are reporting on the news numerous spinouts, accidents and what have you.  My solution, drive according to the road conditions.  So what if you have to leave a little earlier, at least make sure that you get to work or whereever safely.  Not only your safety but the other persons as well.  If you don't have to go anywhere, don't.  Nothing is as important as your life.

Well enough of my tirade about the roads.  I'm just glad that I have no place to go and no reason to not go there.

Looks like Lily will be spending at least one more day with us. That is just so hard to take. (Not)  She is probably the easiest 1 1/2 year old I have ever seen to take care of.  She just does her thing and goes on about her business.  Lets you know when she wants to eat, doesn't fuss too much about nap time or bed time and at certain times during the day she gets very cuddly.  I'll take it.

Just about time for her to wake up and want to eat breakfast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment