Saturday, February 6, 2010

Week 3 Day 6

Sat here all day yesterday feeling like I was forgetting to do something. It was driving me crazy. About 8 last night I realized that I never did the blog for the day. So yes, I am missing Day 5.

I have had other days where I have felt that something was forgotton or missing, most of the time I could never come up with what it was. I hate it when that happens, and then I can only hope that it was anything important that I was supposed to do or anyplace I was supposed to see.

Today the kids and grandkids are coming to celebrate (and I say that skeptically) my birthday. I just don't see it as a celebration. Just a day that I have to remember to change my age if someone asks. I don't have a problem with telling people how old I am, I turn 52 today, just a problem when after being told, they go..ahhh.
Is that good or bad?

I have never had a birthday all to myself. My brother is exactly 1 year older. He at least got his first birthday almost to himself. The only year in school when he wasn't around was my Senior year. I guess that's better than kindergarten. We always had to share a party, and make sure that our friends got along. Very hard to do when most of the time you figure your siblings friends are just creepy, gross, stupid or any of those other endearments. At least until you hit Jr. High and Sr. High. By then you just hope that their taste is friends has changed or yours had.

Evidently my brothers friends by then turned out ok. Especially since I dated one for either 3 or 4 years. Most of the time I got along better with his friends than I did with my own. He on the other hand never dated my friends. Some of mine decided to become so called friends with me because of him. Those friendships didn't last very long.

Mike and I have just started re-connecting, usually by IM. We do talk on the phone when something comes up about our Mother, but not at all in the past 5 years or so. it is nice chatting with him, getting caught up on things and just all around feeling like we can exist together again. During our childhood, we were basically each others best friend. We moved around so much that it was just easier to hang with each other than it was to try to make new friends every couple of years. Once he moved out of the house to join the Air Force, things kind of turned the corner and we started drifting apart. Naural progression.

I am so thankful that my son and daughter stay in touch and enjoy doing things with each other and their families. I hope and pray that nothing ever comes between them and that they will always be there for each other.

1 comment:

  1. As long as he doesn't move to New Mexico we should be golden. LOL

    ReplyDelete