Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Week 3 Day 3

I'm doing this much later today than normal. Not because I slept really well last night, or didn't, depending on your viewpoint. Just because I haven't felt like sitting down in front of the computer.

Am going to Waconia to see Arlen this morning. Hopefully they will let him come home. The peace and quiet is always appreciated, but now I need someone to make some sort of mess. I have absolutely nothing left to do. I could clean my bathroom, but....

The sun is shining right now. Always nice when that happens, the problem with it the temperature stays colder. Must have that balance. I can't wait until the snow starts to melt and the black earth starts appearing, then the sun will be most welcome and Spring will arrive. Well, it'll get here no matter what is going on with the weather, and no matter what the darned ground hog says, it is always 6 weeks until Spring. Look it up on the calendar people!

Feb. 3rd, nothing special about the date or the day. How many of those do you suppose we have every month? More than the ones that are special. Valentine's day is coming soon, wow. Never had much use for it. Never received anything special, no card, no flowers, no candy, didn't go anywhere. Just another day in February.

For those of you lucky enough to receive one or more of the above, Congratulations.
You are envied by those of us who don't. Every year you just keep hoping and praying for something, and then all of a sudden there it is Feb. 15 and the only thing to happen is that one more day has gone by. Such is life.

My Dad was a great believer in any occasion he could find in getting my Mom a big bouquet of red roses. Sometimes just because he would go past a florist and decide to stop in. That lasted through their whole marriage, which would have been 50 years the year he died.

If you had to choose between receiving something on Valentine's Day or receiving something everyday that was just between the two of you and not the world, which would you choose? Think about it.

2 comments:

  1. I don't remember the last time I received something on Valentines Day..it's just another day for me too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never received anything but getting something on valentine's day is better i think because it's only once a year

    ReplyDelete