Monday, March 1, 2010

Week 7 Day 1

Just got off the phone with the IRS. Everybody's favorite people to talk to first thing on a Monday.  I was lucky and got someone who not only spoke English, but also understood it.  How odd is that now-a-days?

Long story short, we will have our money this Friday!  Finally, something to look forward to, you know what I mean, SHOPPING!

New clothes, new shoes, new food, what could be better?  And yes, I do mean it in that order.  I am so anal when it comes to things being in order.  I do need some new clothes though, at least then when I get a job interview I will have something to wear that isn't so dated.

My other jobs didn't really require any special things except for what they chose as a uniform type of dress code.  I do love clothes.  Normally I go through mine twice a year and get rid of anything that doesn't fit any longer, has stains or I just haven't worn/don't like anymore.  This year I can get rid of a bunch of slacks.  All of the ones that I have are now too big and they just don't hang right any longer.

As much as I love buying clothes, I just as much hate trying them on.  What shoes do you wear so that you know what the length should be, and when buying shoes, what socks or hosery do you wear, the kind at the beginning of the day or the end of the day when you have been on your feet all day and they are slightly swollen?

I can't aford to spend lots of money on anything.  I know they say to buy quality and it will last forever.  What happens when you spend $100-$200 on something and then all of a sudden it is out of style?  I would rather buy on sale or lesser quality and be able to go shopping for more, more often.

In case you haven't been able to tell, I am really excited about this.  Takes so little to get me excited.  Even less the older I get.  Since I just had a birthday a month ago, my excitement level is so low...warm weather will do it, a forcast without snow will do it, even getting news from the IRS will probably do it.  Well, when that news is semi in our favor.

Talk to you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment