Friday, March 12, 2010

Week 8 Friday

Today I am feeling just a little bit sorry for myself, so please indulge me.  I still haven't had any luck finding a job, not for lack of trying.  So I'm a little down in the dumps about that.  The older you get, the harder it is to find anything.  Now that they are doing credit checks to see if you are suitable for the position, forget it.  There are lots of reasons for bad or no credit, it shouldn't disqualify you from employment.  Simply ask me about it, I will gladly tell you the reason.  Not an excuse, but a viable reason.  Of course they want you to get it fixed, how do you do that without employment?

I am also feeling a little depressed about not seeing the grandkids for so long.  Arlen doesn't like to travel, and I prefer not to go by myself, so yes, some of it is our fault.  Doesn't change how I feel at this moment.  I had always envisioned myself being a part of the grandkids growing up years, show how much of a visionary I am.

I am also a little bit pissed off at Arlen.  For the past 2 - 3 weeks, he hasn't done a damn thing around here, except lay on the couch complaining about how much he hurts.  I understand he does hurt, but laying around all day and night isn't going to change that.  He did get all of the cat stuff out to the dumpster, whoopee!  I have been bagging and hauling the garbage all this time.  If I were to wait for him to feel good enough to do it, I would have a dumpster full all in one day.  I often wonder what I will come home to when I do find a job.
That's the only thing that really worries me.  I don't want to go back to the way it was in the other place, at some point he is just going to have to suck it up and get up and help.  Shoot, the other day I had 2 coat hooks that I wanted put up, how long does that take anyway?  Guess who ended up doing that?  Yep, me.

All right now that I have all or almost all of my venting out of the way, have a great weekend.  Talk to you on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment