Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Week 9 Tuesday

Well, not sure what to write about today.  Kind of bummed, got the yard work done yesterday, and then it goes and rains last night.  Ah, the wonders of Spring, which by the way, officially starts on Sunday.

Got the stuff I ordered today.  Shoes fit great!  I thought that I had ordered loafers, instead I got a pair of sneakers, that's ok, they fit and they are black, so I can wear them with anything.  Have them on right now to get used to them.  They just slip on which is great, this way if my feet get sore, I don't have to untie, undo or bend down to undo it, just kick them off.  Now I just have to figure out which 2 pairs of my other shoes to get rid of.  Will probably be my one pair of tennis shoes and my mocassins.  Neither of which I wear very much, so won't miss them.

There is this new thrift store in town.  Was in there last week.  Very nice, very clean, very well organized.  Usually the thrift stores are dark, dirty and just a plain mess.  So was refreshing to enter one where you could see everything.  Got some good deals, a gallon bag of socks for the little miss for $2, a pair of black patent leather mary janes for  50 cents, and a whole bunch of everyday clothes for $1.75.  Except for special occcasions, garage sales and thrift stores are the only way to shop for little ones.

I need to get back up there, there was a table lamp that I kind of glanced at and thought would work good in the bedroom.  So maybe when I get done with this, that is what I'll do.  There was also an ironing board and a china cabinet that I didn't get a chance to check out the prices on.  I am so cheap.  Not that I mind, right now it is the only way to be, and if I can get something that I really want without spending lots of money, what's so wrong with that.

Hopefully, next week, I will have some pictures to post.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment