Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Week 9 Wednesday

I would say good morning, except that it is almost 2:00 pm, so moot point.

I have decided to take it easy today since I will have to work my butt off tomorrow and Friday morning.
Company coming, well, relatives really, but I usually end up cleaning more for them than for anyone else.
The worst part of the cleaning is the 2 bathrooms, they should be self clean like an oven.  You have to love the whole indoor plumbing thing though.  After all, who wants to go outside into a stinky box when it is 10 below or 100 above.

I just printed out a job application for Wright County.  Not so much for a job there, but to get on the list for taking the test to become a government employee.  Don't hold out too much hope, the job position they are looking to fill requires a Bachelor's Degree, which I don't have.  In my experience, most social workers should be based on life experience instead of education.  Seems like the ones with all the education know so little about how to handle people and their problems, whereas the ones with life experiences have had to deal with a variety of day to day issues, ranging from child support to almost becoming homeless.  Without the knowledge of how these issues feel, how can you really help someone in that situation?  You can give them numbers and names of other people that might be able to help, what if they can't afford the gas or phone to contact these people?  How do you help them then.

On a brighter note, what a beautiful day this is turning out to be.  Wonderful warm temps, sun partially shining, and today everyone has the right to go drink green beer ir they choose to.  What could make it any better?  Oh yeah, if the beer was free!

Since this is the first time I will be sharing this blog on Twitter, please feel free to comment on anything that you agree with, disagree with or just choose to have an opinion about.  Since I probably won't know you anyway, I promise not to let any of it affect me personally.

Talk to you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment