Monday, March 29, 2010

March 29, 2010

What is it about Mondays?  They are either really busy or really boring.  This morning already I have made a trip up to the clinic to request Arlen's medical records, stopped and got a bed rail for the twin bed for Lily (she's getting a big girl bed), went to /Duebers and picked up Easter baskets and a few little things to fill them.  The went back to the clinic with the release form and got some past reports to take with to a 2nd opinion consultation.  Made an appointment with an Internal Medicine Dr. for Wednesday in Lester Prairie, my Mondays should not be this busy!  And no my kids don't know about any of this, yet.  If they read this they will and I will explain more on Sunday when they get here.  So please, children, be patient with me, I can only handle one thing at a time lately.

I was laying in bed last night, not sleeping of course, and began reviewing my life.  I just kept thinking about how different it may have been had I gone on to school after high school.  I had always wanted to go into Child Care.  The only problem seemed to be that everyone else did too.  The schools that I checked out that offered this had a 2 year waiting list.  What to do, what to do.  So I applied at Anoka Tech for Medical Secretary, got in  then backed out when I looked at the map and saw how far away it was.  Yep, I was a big stinkin' chicken.  Started waitressing the summer after graduation, then went on to be the receptionis for the Yellow Medicine Family Service Center.  Should have kept that job.  My supervisor asked me to stay when I gave notice that I was getting married and moving to South Carolina.  His exact words were "Why don't you stay and work here and let him go by himself".  As it turns out that is probably what I should have done.  Either way I know that I would still have had my son.

Down in SC I got a few odd jobs, working the catalog dept. at Sears over Christmas, I do not recommend this for anybody.  Of course now everything is different.  Then I landed a part time job with the Myrtle Beach Fire Dept.  working in their office.  What a great job, not a lot to do, watched tv, played poot, answered the phones, gave out the time on the radio, budget time was a little more hectic, but still enjoyed it.  Who wouldn't?  It was me and 33 guys five days a week!  One of the best aspects was that if I needed a week or two off, I would just work that same amount of time full time and then have my time off with pay.  How great, now try finding something like that, impossible.

It is hard to believe that the first 3 months of this year are almost gone.  I swear, the older I get, the faster time goes.  How is that fair?  I would like to enjoy the time I have left and not worry about what to buy for the holidays right away again.  Oh well, I guess it happens to all of us.  Kids don't know how lucky they are.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment