Monday, March 22, 2010

Week 10 Monday

Such exciting titles I can come up with!  I even amaze myself.

Had a very enjoyable weekend.  Started Friday with Miranda bringing Lily down for her weekend with us, then my mom came down to go to the Luepke Cousin Bash in Paynesville.  She stayed until today and then went home.  Was a lot of fun watching her and Lily interact.  Always fun to have each of them here, and was a great experience having them here at the same time.

We all decided that the next time we go to the Bash thing will be in about 5 years.  They have it every year, but I think it is too often.  Most of them live really close together, so not sure what the big draw for them is.  Probably never will figure it out.  I don't have anything to do with any of my cousins, but it was nice to see the Aunts and Uncles that were there.

We didn't stay for the meal, choosing instead to just come home and have some decent food.  They always go to the Legion next door to the Hotel and have chicken and pizza.  Can have chicken anytime and not a big fan of pizza, so don't feel as we missed anything.

My mom had brought down some fresh perch that my uncle had caught this winter.  Fried that up with some fried potatoes, yummy.  Yesterday I put a turkey breast in the oven with baked potatoes and corn, yummy again.  Love those leftovers.  Cut of the turnkey and put it into a gravy I made from the drippings and will have hot turkey sandwiches for supper.  Will also warm up the fried potatoes and corn and the 1 baked potato that was left to have with it.

Hopefully sometime next week I will have something to report on the job front.  Just waiting to hear back from one.   Don't want to talk about it too much, it seems that the more I talk about something the less likely it is to happen, so you will all just have to wait along with me to see how it turns out.

I forgot to mention that Collin, Amber and Brandon made it to Paynsville on Saturday also.  I don't know if they realize how much it meant to my mom and myself to see them there.  Got lots of 8 year old hug type of things from Brandon, I will take whatever he is willing to give me.  One of the best things about being a grandparent, the kids are never too old to hug you, maybe because none of their friends actually know who you are, doesn't matter, will still take them.  So a great big THANK YOU to my family for being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment