Thursday, April 1, 2010

Wednesday & Thursday combined

Not sure what it is with this, but some days it is just easier to skip than to sit down and think of things to say.
Yesterday was one of those days.

Yesterday I got the grand kids' Easter Baskets put together.  Bought a few little toys, a couple of things of candy and then got inventive.  Instead of filling the whole thing with candy, I baked 4 different types of cookies and added some of them.  I also bought the plastic fillable eggs and filled them with different kinds of cereal that can be eaten dry.  Twix, Reeses, Alpha Bits and Honeycomb.  In the long run it was a whole lot cheaper than buying candy to fill them, plus now I have the fun cereals to munch on!

I have a 2:00 pm appointment today out at the store where I used to manage.  The original owner is going to be re-opening the store and wants to talk to me.  Yeah!?  Hoping that it is a job offer.  He wants my opinion on how to set up the coffee area and such, why ask if not to offer, right?

I just have a few little things to pick up for the meal on Sunday yet.  The grocery store is supposed to have watermelons on sale this week, but when I was there on Tuesday, they were all sold out.  Hopefully they get some in today.  Want to make a watermelon basket for fruit salad.  One less bowl to clean that way.  Plus it is really a pretty way to present.

Now I'm just sitting here with my head in my hands trying to come up with something else to say, guess I have drawn a big old blank.  Time to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment