Thursday, April 22, 2010

What to do? What to do?

Sitting here listening to the news, getting tired of hearing about Haiti.  I realize that things are bad there, but give me a break.  Whatever happened to quietly helping?  There are enough causes right here in the good old USofA to take care of, but do we ever hear about them, NO.  If we were to ever have a global tragedy, would any of these countries that we have helped be in a position to help us?

Enough of that, it is just too exhausting to think about it.

Slept pretty good last night, feel almost completely rested.  Had to enjoy it, it may have been my last night alone in the house.  Arlen will more than likely come home today.  They did a procedure on him yesterday to kill the nerves in his abdomen, it should take care of the pain for at least a couple of years.  I can't remember what the exact procedure is called.  It is some kind of block that they introduce to the system through the back and then shoot the nerves with some sort of alcohol.  It is usually used for people in the end stages of cancer to make them more comfortable.  He said late yesterday afternoon that it seemed to be working, and that his back was a little sore from being poked and prodded.  It had beeter have worked, because between you and me, 7 years of listening to the phrase "Goddamn it hurts"  is more than a little cruel.

Cold out this morning, between 30 and 37 depending on where you are.  I was smart last night, closed all the windows but opne, which I left open about 1".  So far no furnace running.  I have absolutely nothing to do this morning before heading off to the hospital.  Don't know what to do with myself, those days happen so rarely.

No dishes as I don't like to cook just for me, been either eating out, ordering out or eating prepared foods that don't require any dishes.  Guess I could peek in my dishwasher and see if I ever unloaded it after the last use.

My niece gets married this Saturday.  I feel for her, not only is a wedding stress enough, but she found out that her mother can't be there.  For some reason she couldn't get the time off from work.  How sucky is that?
Not only for Kate, but also for Sandy.  I just hope that Penny, her step-mom doesn't try to step in and fill the space.  Those two have never gotten along that I know of.

My mom isn't getting the eye surgery that was scheduled for May 6th.  They decided that they could treat it with shots of some kind. So in one way that's good, in another all the travel plans that were made now have to be re-considered.  My brother was coming up for 2 weeks to help her out after the surgery.  My theory, it's all arranged for him to come, let him come and enjoy the time.  Usually he is only up for deer hunting.

I think I have covered every area that has been going on.  Enjoy your Thursday with anticipation to the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment