Monday, April 26, 2010

Another day, another cloud

Cloudy outside with a chance of rain.  I know that we needed the rain, but it would be nice to have a little bit of sunshine thrown in also.  Our grass so needs to be mowed, refuse to do it when it's wet.

We have areas that we need to get tilled up and ready for planting.  We are going to be putting in strawberries and tomatoes to start with.  Would like to get some rhubard, but we'll see, it is so expensive.  I think it would be worth the money since we both enjoy eating, cooking and baking with it.  My favorite thing is a rhubard custard pie.  I can taste it now.

The greenhouse in Lester Prairie had bare root strawberries, 25 for $15.00.  The anticipation of biting into the first one of the season, with the ripe juice running down my face and hands and making everything sticky is almost to much to bare.  Not to mention the jams, jellies, preserves and ice cream topping that we will get to make.  Oh yum,  I can taste it now.

Arlen's celiac block seems to working very well.  yesterday he helped me in the bedroom.  He put up a sturdy shelf to hold my computer and printer, moved the desk into a different spot and hooked everything up again.  I don't think that I have ever had so much room in this room since it was empty.

Pretty soon I will have to get the laundry going and straighten out the living room.  Since he is now sleeping in the bedroom again, I will actually have a living room.  For years he slept (if you can call it that) on the couch so that he wouldn't bother me at night.  With the pain he wasn't able to lay the way that he wanted to.  Now I have to get used to him on the bed instead of the cats. Who by the way are now happy with the new circumstances.  They were used to having that side all to themselves.  Lots of dirty looks going around from 8 pairs of eyes!  Too bad, when they start paying some of the bills I will invest in a bed for them (not),

I heard from my new bosses on Friday.  They figure that in about 3 weeks or so they should be ready to have the store open.  I can't wait to be a productive member of this wonderful tax paying society.  One of these times when I talk to them I suppose that I should find out what they plan on paying me.  My hours will be 4:30 AM - 1 PM  Monday through Friday.  Perfect.  I am usually awake at that time anyway, so might as well be doing something besides playing solitaire.  I'm not sure what their plans for the weekends and holidays are, so will be ineresting to find out all of that.  As long as I'm not in charge of it or the hiring, I am looking forward to being a happy camper.  Go to work, come home, don't have to worry about who is going to be calling with some cockamaimie story about why they can't work.  Lyle and Cindy are planning on working the afternoon shift, and most of the weekend shifts for now.  No slacking off for the poor suckers who get hired for those shifts!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment