Thursday, April 15, 2010

Why can't it be Friday so I don't have to think for 2 days?

Looking forward to the weekend, I don't have to think at all if I choose not to.  How great is that!

Arlen was up last night and got to see the meteorite that went past.  He said it was pretty awesome.  I have never seen one and probably never will.  Seems to be the only time I get any sleep is when there is something going on.  Oh well, could always be worse.

My niece is getting married in Las Vegas a week from this Saturday.  Not going, just can't afford it.  Not sure what is up with the Vegas thing, can barely afford weddings in this area.

The following week is my daughters 3rd anniversary.  That time has really gone fast.  They are now expecting their 2nd baby.  I am so excited, I have been ready for another one for quite some time now.  I have a gut feeling that she will be having a boy this time around.  All of her symtons are a lot different that when she was having Lily.  If they have a boy they are planning on naming him Elijah and if a girl, Claire.  I am so glad that they are not going for any goofy sounding names  These I can at least remember.  As of right now she is due around Dec. 7.  I thought it was my mother-in-laws birthday, but hers is the 11th.  So many of them in Dec. the way it is.

So, it rained all night and is still raining.  I know we need it, but now I am just getting tired of the gray skies and wet ground.  My kitchen floor doesn't stay very clean with all of this.  Yesterday I put out my mesh 3 bin laundry hamper to dry, bet that doesn't happen today.  Once it quits raining for a while, I'll have to bring it in and set it in the tub to finish drying.  Not such a big problem, I do have other laundry baskets that I can use.  This one is really nice though with its 3 seperate compartments.  I can just lift it and take it over to the washing machine, don't have to sort anything, it's already done.  Now I just need to get an ironing board.  Believe it or not, I enjoy ironing.

I heard a rumor a while back that Dueber's is going to be closed within the year, and the hardware store is close on its heels.  If those 2 businesses close up, there will be no reason to go uptown anymore, they are the only 2 stores that we have.  We have 5 liqour store, a bank, insurance, Subway, Casey's, the pharmacy and a couple of beauticians but it just doesn't seem right that a town of over 2,000 can't support the local people.  Every one bitches that they can't find what they need, well maybe, just maybe, if they had been shopping here instead of making needless trips to other towns, there would be some place to find what you need. I was in Dueber's the other day, shelves are pretty bare.  Don't know if they were waiting for a shipment or what, but it didn't look very good.  The worst thing they ever did was get rid of all the sewing patterns and notions.  You can still buy some material there, but not off the bolt.  So trying to find enough when you want to make something is darn near impossible.

Walmart in Hutch got rid of their fabric department also,  now the only places to get what you need are JoAnn's in the mall and some place downtown.  I don't sew that much anymore, but it sure is inconvienent to have to drive 20 miles to get what I need.  Especially if that is all that I am going for.

Okay, enough of the rambling on Thursday, talk to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment