Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What is it about getting a job.....?

What is it about getting a job, waiting to start working and then getting a phone call about another job that you sent a resume for?  Yep that happened to me yesterday.  Crazy.  Where were they before I found a job that I want and know am going to like?

This other job is at a call center for insurance information.  Not sure that I would have liked it a whole bunch, but it would have been a job.  I had applied for the in bound center, but they sounded like the out bound was what they were looking for.  Now I don't mind helping people if they call me, but I don't want to be one of those that call other people and have them not answer.  I am one of those people myself, if I don't know who it is that is calling, I'm not going to answer.  That is what caller ID is for.

I have so much to do today it isn't even funny.  I have found that if I don't do anything for at least 2 days, by the 3rd day I actually do have stuff to do. So today is the 3rd day, dishes, laundry, sweeping, mopping, garbage, litter boxes, dusting, bed changing, etc. etc. etc.  Is nice to know that I have a purpose in life at least every 3rd day.  We were supposed to go for another Dr. app't. today, but cancelled that.  They can't tell us anything new or give any hope of being able to fix Arlen's problems, so why bother spending the money that we don't have, or wasting our time.

I finally figured out the worst part of the day.  It is called getting dressed.  Although I have found that if I stay too comfortable, I don't get anything done.  I suppose that I should get used to being uncomfortable if I plan on going to work.  Let me tell you after 5 1/2 months of not having to get dressed if I don't feel like it, it is going to be hard to get up every morning and put on clothes.  Not that I run around undressed, just don't always put on all the pieces that are required.  Probably more than you needed to know. But I am too lazy right now to go back and delete anything.  So I am going to sit here, drink my coffee, play some games and then get busy, once I decide on what to wear today.

For those of you who are up and dressed, I hope that you are comfortable and stay that way all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment