Monday, April 5, 2010

Thank goodness it's over

I start out with the title "Thank goodness it's over" not because I'm glad that Easter has come and gone, but because the nuttiness that goes along with our Holidays is over, hopefully for the year.

Started out to be a great day, the kids showed up, we had a mini egg hunt that was fun to watch, had way too much food and then came dessert.  Made a bunny shaped carrot cake.  Looked so nice, my grandson asked me how I made it, I just told him I was a very talented grandma.  Cut the cake, most everyone had a piece.  Then came disaster (the normal kind at my house).  Grandpa wanted to give Brandon ice cream with his cake, Collin said no ice cream, grandpa of course didn't listen and threw a tantrum than would have made any 5 year old envious.  Collin, Amber & Brandon left, can't say as I blame them, if I would have had some place else to go I would have.

Miranda and Lily left shortly after that.  They had to go over to Aunt Jan's to pick up Lily's Cristmas present and then wanted to get home to spend the rest of the day with Adam. 

As soon as I got the kitchen cleaned up and the dishes done, I went and laid down for a 2 1/2 hour nap.  Anything was better than listening to Arlen rant and rave about how he didn't understand why the kid couldn't have ice cream.  Amazing how he has forgotten that we had a lot of the same rules with our kids at that age.

So that was our wonderful day.  Hope yours turned out better.

No comments:

Post a Comment