Friday, April 30, 2010

Oops, is it Friday?

Yesterday kind of got away from me.  I kept myself so busy that before I knew it, it was already 8 pm and I was exhausted.  Couldn't even find the time to sit down and do this.  Yeah for days with things to do!

I started out cleaning in the living room, moved the couch and rocker, got on my hands and knees and scrubbed along all of the edges ( for those of you who don't know, we don't have any carpeting in the house with the exception of our spare bedroom) from there moved on to the kitchen, scrubbed edges, walls and then mopped.  Took down the curtains in the kitchen, washed them.  Got out garbage and got the dishes done.  Straightened up the little bathroom and then decided to put down the new floor.  Yep, I did, me, no one else.  Before doing that I scrubbed the floor, once again on hands and knees then finished up the floors in the entry and living room.  Thank God for knee pads!  I don't think I have ever been so sore in my life.

Was hoping to get my strawberry bed prepared today for planting tomorrow, but that isn't going to happen.  Woke up to rain.  Grass still needs mowing, but boy, oh, boy, is it ever a pretty green color.

Arlen was going to put an outside plug in yesterday by the light by the front door.  Went to move what he thought was just a bunch of leaves and debris that had got caught up during the winter, turned out to be a birds nest with about 6 teeny tiny eggs in it!  He put it back, at least until the little ones are gone.

He also fixed my desk so that I can have my arms on it without the edge cutting in and cuttin off the circulation.  So far seems to be working fine.  Don't see any reason for it to change.

Don't forget that in a week (Sunday the 9th) it is Mother's Day.  My mom called and asked what we were doing,  her and my brother are planning on coming down, if not for the weekend, at least for the day.  Hopefully the weather is nice and we can b-b-q.  Would like to make ribs.  Start them the day before in a slow oven to get them nice and tender and then finish them off on the grill.  Will have to wait and see what develops.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment