Friday, April 16, 2010

End of the week

I am so glad that it is Friday, even though I am not working yet Friday still has to be the best day of the week.

Do you ever feel disconnected from the world?  I woke up feeling that today.  Not sure why.  It feels like such a long time since I have interacted with anyone other Arlen and the kids occasionaly that the thought of even going uptown sometimes leaves me anxious.

I don't know where these feelings of inadaquatcies come from, some days they just pop in there.  I end up second guessing every little thing I do, and most times because of this I end up doing nothing.  Then I sit and chastise myself for getting nothing done.  Vicous cirlce.

I think that one of the problems is that there just isn't anybody where we live that I want to socialize with.  Most of them have LOTS of small children, and in past experence I have found that once you get to know them, they kind of take advantage of the fact that either you aren't working, or they feel like you should become surrogate parents for all of their problems.  Sounds pessimistic doesn't it?  It is just hard to get to know people for me.

I know that a lot of that comes from moving around a lot as a child, and it has carried over into my adult life.
That and the fact that everyone I know seems to be working different schedules and it is hard to get together even just to have coffee.  Once I get back to work I'm sure that alot of this will go away.  The store will be busy and I will once again be able to be tired of people, but at least I will have something to talk about.  Mostly the stupid things people do and say when they are out and about. 

Next time you are in a store, garage sale, church or where ever, open you ears and eyes and you too will see what I mean.


Have a great weeked, enjoy the weather, do something fun wih your family and I will talk to you on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment