Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday again

Well, here we are at the start of a new week.  I finally finished reading a book that I bought last week.  Those of you who know me, know that for it to take a week to finish a book, the book wasn't very good.
It was called "Creatures of the Pool" by Ramsey Campbell.  Let me tell you, I have never been so confused by any writer as I was with this one. 

I read the back to get a feel for the book, sounded interesting.  Once I started reading, I was confused after the first page, but I thought it would straighten out and become more engrossing.  At the end of the book I was just as confused as to what the story was about as I was at the start.  I will definetly be crossing him off of my favorite author list.  Hadn't read anything by him before and don't plan on reading any more of his work.

What a beautiful weekend weatherwise we just had.  Didn't do much other than enjoy having the windows open for the fresh air.  Sure could use some rain though, if for nothing else just to get everything cleaned up.
I keep planning on going out and doing yard work, but for some reason I just can't seem to find the energy to do so. One of these days I will just have to force myself to go and do it.  Doesn't help anything that my allergies keep acting up every time the wind blows, miserable things.

Saturday night Lifetime had a Patricia Cornwell movie on call "At Risk".  Did anyone besides me watch it?  As I was watching I got to feeling that I had read the book, which I probably did.  If I remember it right, they followed the storyline very acurately.  It was a good movie, good acting, directing, etc. and it didn't take place at night all the time, so you got to see what was going on.  This coming Saturday they have another one of her movies on, am so looking forward to watching that one also.  She is a great writer,  carries over charcters into her next books.  I like that, makes me feel like I know what is going on, and then finding out that what I thought all along was wrong, but not by much.  Anyway, if you get the chance to read her books, look for the Kay Scarpetta ones.  Excellent stories, well written and worth the time and money to invest in them.

Okay, now that I am done being a movie and book critic, have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment