Tuesday, March 1, 2011

OOps, skipped a few days.

Must be having senior moments, skipped the whole weekend and was too tired to post yesterday.

Saturday, Miranda came down to help me paint the front room.  Used to be Arlens' "tool" room (more like junk), it will eventually become my bedroom, and the room I am in now will become the dining room.  I know it sounds crazy, but the room I am currently in is right off the kitchen, so it only makes sense.

What is really going to sound crazy is this.  I am going from a full size bed down to a twin.  It is after all just me and the cats that lay in or on it.  This way, if for some reason the kids get stuck down here in a snow storm or other crappy weather, I won't have to give up my bed for them.  So, yes, I have thought it all out.

Now I just hope the room comes together the way I have envisioned it.  Sometimes what I see in my mind and what I see as an end result, are two completely different things.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

This coming Saturday, Collin is coming to help me clean out some more stuff from the room.  I have a whole pile of peg board that I don't need, so we are going to haul it out.  Thank goodness, we won't have to try and get it in the dumpster.  The park manager said to just place it by the shed or the office and if they wanted or needed it they would take care of it.

I talked to my Mom the other day and she asked if it would be okay if she came down for Easter.  Of course it would.  She knows that she is always welcome here, shouldn't even have to ask.  Now just have to find out what the kids are doing for Easter.  Thinking of doing it on Saturday since I have to work on Monday and I know that Mom won't want to get up at 3 am and be on the road by 4.  Boy if I didn't have to, I sure wouldn't.

I wish that I could think of something serious to write about, but right now, my life is pretty tame.  I am enjoying it after the past 7 years of wondering what was going to happen.  Most of my back aches have disappeared, I'm sleeping better and am spending lots of time out in the living room.  It even drives me crazy to think about going to bed without having the dishes washed and drying.  What  a complete turn around!

So far for the garage sale I have the following items, lots of hand tools, some power tools, a wood planer, lots of DVD's, lots of small kitchen stuff, a microwave, a toaster oven, bread machine, rotisserie, 2 grills, one is a 6 burner gas with the tank, the other is charcoal, a food processor, electric juicer, pots, pans and dishes.
Possibility of even having the car on there.  '93 Mercury Grand Marquis.  Nice car, but I don't really need 2 vehicles.  There will also be some Christmas stuff, including a 7'rotating pre-lit tree.  Beautiful, I just don't have the room for it.  So far no clothes, that isn't what I am trying to get rid of.  There is also a Bunn coffee maker, and for those of you who have priced them, they are expensive, comes with the book and everything.

So not only will it be a sale for the women, but for the men as well.

Thought for today:  When your life changes unexpectedly, and you start to clear out the clutter that was left behind, how do you know for sure what is important enough to keep and what you should get rid of?

Second thought:  Remember, you are your own toughest critic.  Never ask yourself if you are treating yourself right, or if you could be doing something different, just be you, that's how we all know and love you.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's great that you are doing what makes you happy Mom. After all those years of taking care of dad and doing what's best for everyone else, it's nice that you can make yourself a priority. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete