Thursday, March 3, 2011

Falling down, getting up

No really, when you fall down you almost have to get back up.  At least that is how I have always done it.  Not that I enjoy falling, and I don't do it very often, but you know, stuff happens.

Stuff like, having a step stool sitting in the way of where you walk, waling with boxes in your hands, forgetting said stool is there, catching foot on stool, hello floor.  Ouch.

Yep, that happened to me at work today.  My left knee is pretty banged up, but it is a good thing I have strong bones, just bruised.  Not only my knee, but also my ego (just a tiny bit).  At the moment, you feel like a fool, but thankfully, no one else except my co-worker saw what happened.  Didn't hurt enough to even bring tears to the eyes, more of an "I can't believe I was that stupid to do that" moment.

Ah, it is the dumbest things in life and bring the most clarity.  In my younger days, I would have been bawling and just plain been a pain in the ass.  Maturity, guess it has it's finer points.

I recently saw a post on FB about why there is always so much bitching that goes on at work.  I am assuming, since I know this person, that he works mainly with women.  For some unknown reason, when women work together, they have to see who can out bitch the next.  It is inbred and an unwanted curse.  Oh, we try to control it, but then, everyone else calls us a stuck up bitch.  It will never change, nor do we really want it to.  A lot of the times we bitch because there is nothing else we can do about certain situations, to either correct or change them.  Sometimes, it is a fact, that some people at work enjoy thinking they are in charge and therefor don't have to do the same amount of work.  So, they bitch that nothing is getting done.  If they would just do the work and quit the bitching about it, just think how much easier every one's lives would be.  Oh, to be in that perfect world.

I have discovered, however, that the ones who bitch the loudest and the most, are usually the ones that have the least amount of control over anything in their personal lives.  Sad really when you think about it.  They are not to be pitied, they should not be coddled, and they should never be listened to.  They will try to make your life miserable.  I have news for them, being miserable is my responsibility, and I am not sharing it with any body else!  I control each and every one of my emotions, I refuse to give that power to someone else.

Thought for the day:  What would happen if you fell down, forgot to get up and then started bitching about it?  Would anybody care?

No comments:

Post a Comment