Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Coffee cups, Coffee Cups

I am missing one of my large coffee cups.  Had 8, now only have 7.  I have looked everywhere for it.  It must have grown legs and left.  Wish I got that much ambition from coffee!

I just read my daughter's post about being tired.  Poor baby.  It is hard enough to have kids and try to get enough sleep to be able to function, but then to not feel well, and have one kid waking up all the time, and the other one doing what she did, I say, sucks to be you!  Just kidding.  I remember those days, and if I lived closer I would so help out, hopefully she knows that.

Was not a fun trip into work this morning.  Bad as it is at 4 am, when it is snowing, and the roads are covered, (thankfully no drifting) and you can't tell where the road is, it really bites the big one.  Once in a while I would catch myself driving on the wrong side or down the middle.  At least I didn't meet anyone on the way there.  The roads were much better coming home.  Maybe tomorrow I will be able to take the car, providing it doesn't snow anymore.

I was planning on going up to Miranda's the 19th, but now they are talking another snow storm later in the week next week.  Is it ever going to end?    Then the 26th, I am going to be working for a couple of hours to help out.  Why they hire people to work weekends, and then let them get away with asking for time off, I will never know.  It is always the same weekend people asking for the time off.  Either commit to the job, or quit.  There are plenty of people out there who would gladly work whatever hours are available.  Also, when I was manager, if someone couldn't work, and no one else would help out or there wasn't anyone else, I ended up working the hours.  In my humble opinion, the owners (who aren't on the schedule) should be picking up those shifts.

I don't plan on doing much when I am there that day.  6 days in a row, yuck.  But it will give me something to do for a little while.

Week days aren't so bad when I get home, I enjoy the peace and quiet.  Weekends, on the other hand, pretty rough.  Only have the cats to talk to.  Don't have a lot of housework to do, so there isn't much to keep me busy.  Way to much time to sit and think and feel sorry for myself, and worry about every little thing.  Sometimes I find myself worrying that if I eat something and start to choke, what am I to do, same thing with taking a shower, what if I fall?  Gotta be paranoia and old age setting in.  I get over it, after all I have to eat, and I refuse to go around all stinky!

Thought for the day:  How do you know if you really are getting paranoid or not?  Do you listen to the voice in your head, or tell it to shut up?

1 comment:

  1. Awe, bummer, the circus is the 26th.

    But of course you are welcome to come up the 19th. Hopefully the weather will be nice!

    ReplyDelete