Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Roof

No, I haven't gotten a dog and then trained him to say that.  Get real.  I did, however, have some new shingles blow off in a recent wind..  Called the roofing company and they sent someone out to fix not only the ones that had blown off, but he was all over the roof.  Weird hearing footsteps above, haven't since I lived in an actual 2 story house, many years ago.  But, it's done now, and hopefully done correctly.  Let the rain come.

Tomorrow after work I am going to buy carpeting for the front bedroom.  Kind of excited and nervous at the same time.  Never had to do that before.  New experience and all that.  One step closer to getting it finished.

This weekend, Lily is coming to stay with me.  Maybe I'll put her to work helping Grandma get things moved around.  Should be interesting.  After I get home tomorrow, will clean everything out of that room, get the floor painted so it has a good amount of time to dry before laying the carpet.  Once the carpet is in, then I can set up the bed, dressers, TV and all that good stuff.  I can't wait.  The last time I had a bedroom all to myself (not counting now with Arlen gone) was when I was in high school.  LOOOOOONG time ago!

Speaking of a long time ago, my 35th year High School reunion should be coming up here this summer.  Debating on whether or not to go.  It will be down in Echo, which is close to Vesta, which is where my Monther-in-Law lives.  Not planning on staying there though.   If I go, I am hoping that I can stay with my one Aunt.  She said that I am always welcome, and I don't doubt her. 

Made a home made pizza today from scratch.  Yup, dough and everything.  Sure tasted a lot different than the ones we have at work.  Was also a lot more filling.  Ate a couple of hours ago, and am still full!  Will refridgerate the leftovers and have them tomorrow for supper.

Once again I have no thought for the day.  Bring on the warmer weather and Spring!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for the roofers and Hooray for your own bedroom!

    ReplyDelete