Friday, March 11, 2011

Wonder where the time goes?

Do you ever wonder about where the time goes?  I mean, you look at the clock and say it's 10 am, then the next time you look it's 1 pm.  Where are those 3 hours?  They have to be there somewhere.  They don't just disappear.  And if they do, why can't they do so during the boring parts of the day?  Oh well, something to think about.

No, I didn't forget to do this yesterday, just didn't feel like doing it.  There are days when I don't feel like doing much of anything, so I don't.  Deep insight into my personality.  Aren't you lucky?

Today I don't have much to say, glad it's Friday and all that, but who doesn't feel that way?  I am just full of questions, now if someone can come up with the answers, that would be absolutely lovely.

I wish I had important stuff to write about.  You know, like, what the kids are doing, what they are learning, my goals for whatever, my view points on religion, politics, etc.  I just don't seem to have very many opinions about much anymore.  I used up all my decision making skills the past 7 or so years, now I just go with what ever seems to be the easiest.  So far it seems to be working for me.  Guess I'll just keep on with it for now.

I do really want to quit smoking.  Been thinking about it, but not doing much about it.  It is easier when you can keep busy.  The problem I have is this, I don't have enough to keep busy.  If I were to quit doing everything that I typically have a cigarette with the list would be long.  I would have to quit driving, eating, going to the bathroom, reading, doing puzzles, watching TV, being on the computer, cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, well you get the idea.  Please don't tell me it is just a matter of making up my mind and sticking to it.  For those of you who have never smoke, your opinion doesn't mean much.  For those of you who have smoked in the past and have quit, HELP! 

I have a Dr. app't on Thursday next week, guess we'll see if the insurance will pick up the patches, they won't pick up the lozenges.  They would rather pay for medicine and hospitals then help a person get over something.  Don't get it.

This weekend I am going to pull staples from the bedroom floor.  Maybe if I can keep my hands and mind busy I will get a head start on it.  I am getting excited about starting to see the end of the tunnel in the room though., 

Once the staples are out, then I can concentrate on flooring, and having Adam come down with the air compressor to put up the chair rail and moulding.  Then I can finally move everything.  Of course if Adam comes, I expect Miranda and the girls to also show up.  I will even cook again.  Bribery seems to work every time.  If Collin and Amber also want to come for a meal, that's even better.

I did manage to finish the painting in the room, with Miranda's help for the first half.  Got the curtains hung up, they go really well with the paint colors.  Of course they should, I took one of the tie backs with when I went and got the paint.  The colors got Collin and Brandon's approval, now with a nice crisp white chair rail to separate the colors, it should look like I have envisioned it.  Will have to get pictures after it's all done and post them.

Thought for the day:  Don't have one, nope my mind is completely blank.  Is that normal for a Friday?

No comments:

Post a Comment