Friday, February 25, 2011

Oh Well

A well:  a hole in the ground that contains water.

Just in case you were wondering about the definition.

Well, (not the water kind) it is finally Friday.  Some weeks I have my doubts that it will ever arrive, then boom, there it is.  I'm not sure why I look forward to it.  It could be any number of reasons.  The most important being, I am away from work for 2 days, away from annoying customers, idiot co-workers and bosses who just don't seem to care all that much.

Instead I get a lot a peace and quiet.  Almost too much, not that I look forward to Monday rolling around, but once in a while it would be nice to have someone to talk to besides the cats.  I always seem to have these big ambitions for the weekend, what I am going to get done, how much of it I get done is another story.  This weekend I really want to get the front room taped off and ready for paint.  Seems like the older I get, the longer it takes to get things done.  Don't worry, someday it will happen to you also!

Today yet, I have to get laundry and dishes done.  Never ending tasks,  you get everything clean, you turn around and there it is waiting to be done again.  Talk about a rut.  I guess as long as the rut doesn't get too deep, I am doing good.  Would be so much easier to do this stuff if only I could have the windows and doors open, fresh clean air coming in and the songs of birds for the background music.  Don't laugh, I happen to like birds and squirrels.

My daughter thinks I am nuts for liking them, but honestly, how can you not?  They mean the beginning of a new season or a new day that is full of promise for all the things that you need, want, or hope for.  Plus, it really drives the cats nuts to hear and see them outside.  Fun to watch how they handle it.  Such simple lives they have.

I ran out of things to say.

Not looking forward to filling up the vehicles with gas.  When I first started driving, you know, like a million years ago, gas was a whole whopping 50 cents a gallon.  I knew that it would go up, but this is getting a little on the ridiculous side.  Whatcha goin' to do?  Gotta have gas to get to work.

Thought for the day:  If you hope for something hard enough and it doesn't happen, does that mean that you should give up hope or just change your expectations?

1 comment:

  1. Well I think we accomplished quite a bit on Saturday for the short amount of time I was there! Plus it was nice to get away from the girls for a while. :-) Thanks again for lunch

    ReplyDelete