Sunday, January 31, 2010

Week2 Day 7

Sunday morning, a day to rest. When I was younger, it wasn't a day to rest at all. Still had to get up, have breakfast, get cleaned up and dressed then off to Sunday School and Church. Always seemed to have company on Sunday also. What is so restful about that?

So today I decided to start a little bit later. Not quite this late, had big plans for breakfast. Was going to make waffles. Mix was no good, had to wait for the grocery store to open, then go get all new ingrediants. It was worth it though. The crispy crust, the little squares holding the butter and syrup, the glass of milk and cup of coffee to wash it down. MMMMMMM!

Got some left over, so now I can freeze them, and then throw them in the toaster or microwave next time I get a craving.

Going in a completely different direction. Have you ever been told that you are pretty, beautiful, handsome, what ever the case may be? I think I could count on one hand with fingers left over how many times in my life I heard anything remotely similar.

Most of the time it came from my daughter, thank you. Growing up what I constantly heard was that if I didn't lose weight, I would never have a boyfriend, remember now, at that time I was a size 12. My one Grandmother told me after I was married, working the night shift at a nursing home and had dropped about 40 pounds, was down to 130, that I should just keep it up, I would eventually get there.

One of the best things I had going for me, I think, was my smile. I love to smile. There is just something so uplifting about it, it makes you feel so good on the inside. I had a boss one time that told me I made a good receptionist because I had a "friendly" face.

The whole reason for this little rant is this, no matter what your children look like, or what they weigh, or what phase they are going through, take the time to tell them that they are beautiful. I'm hoping that as a parent, I have done credit to my children in that regard. I think that my daughter is one of the most beautiful people on earth, and my son is tall and handsome, just ask their respective spouses. My grandchildren aren't so far behind, just getting to that stage where their personalities are starting to shine.

If you have never been told you are pretty or good looking, how are you supposed to belive it about yourself? We can tell ourselves this, but outside confirmation is very special and important.

No comments:

Post a Comment