Monday, January 18, 2010

Day Three

So far I have managed to keep up with this, some days it is harder than others to try to think of things to write about.

Yesterday, my husband and I re-arranged our living room. What a great way to do a deep cleaning. Got all the dust and debris that accumulates under the furniture, drove the cats crazy (that was the best!). The absolute best though was the fact that we did it together. Can't wait until we get to the washer area. Everything is going to get switched around. So, if you know of anyone who wants a huge corner tub, let me know, we will be removing ours. We are getting to the age that a tub that deep an that size is no longer needed. Just don't feel safe getting in and out.

Have plans for the kitchen also. We don't have a lot of counter top space and would like to extend it and yet at the same time get rid of the table that takes up so much room and blocks the window.

Just waiting until 6 am, then I can file for my unemployment and get my day started. Going to finally get the Christmas stuff out to storage, stop and pick up an application, go to the pharmacy, and come home and get my kitchen cleaned up. Doesn't that sound exciting?!

Arlen made Chicken Kiev for supper last night. We are trying to come up with an idea for our daughter-in-laws birthday meal. So we are either going to do Chicken Kiev or Chicken Cordon Blue(?) with garlic mashed potatoes, cauliflower &broccoli with cheese sauce on the side and chocolate filled cream puffs in place of cake.

I do this for the kids instead of buying them something. It is now so hard to figure out if they need or want anything, and if they do, is it something I can afford. I know they all like to eat. Adam's birthday will be easier, his is in August and we can grill. Which means most of the cooking falls to Arlen.

Well, this was certainly a boring blog. Before I go, let me leave you with this thought, (no it won't be anything deep or even meaningful).

When you picture your life in 20 years, do you see yourself with the person you married, surrounded by your family and friends. Or do, you see something totaly different? Think about what it is you desire for the rest of your life and go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment