Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day Four

Four days and still going. Those of you who have to drive this morning, please be careful. At 2:30 am it was super foggy, which means low visibility and possiblity of icing on the roads. Remember it isn't necesarily your driving you have to watch out for, the other drivers also need watching. Especially the ones who are continualy running late. Come on people, leave home earlier!

Taking an application back today. Yes, you heard me, an actual paper application. It has been so long since I filled one out, almost forgot how. Appling for the 3rd shift, 12am - 8am. I figure that I should have a shot at it for the following reasons, people with little children aren't going to want to work that shift, people with school age children will need to be home in the morning to get them off to school, it pays better, and since I can't seem to sleep through the night, it would be a perfect shift. Wish me luck.

The last couple of days have been very productive in our household. It is amazing what you can accomplish in one day when both of you work at it together. Tomorrow (or today, depending on how you look at it) all I have to do is fold some laundry and dry one load and that's it. I can take as many naps as I want to, naps are so under rated.

Thought for the day: What are you going to say to your children when they ask: What did you do when you were my age? Will you be truthful and tell them everything, or will you sugarcoat it and just tell them what you think they need to hear? My advice, if you were not a perfect child, tell them the truth, all of it. They can only learn if we are willing to teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment