Friday, January 29, 2010

Week 2 Day 5

For some unknown reason, I can't seem to sleep past 4 am. Starting to get frustrated. There's nothing on tv at that time of day, don't dare do any cleaning, nothing is open even if I had somewhere to go, it just kinda bites the big one.

So, it's Friday. Time to think of something to write about. The weather has been done to death, can't do anything to change it anyway. Politics just isn't my thing. Haven't even voted in a single election for any type of office! Not because I can't find any candidate worth voting for, I'm sure there are some out there, but becuase I don't give a good gall darn.

A week from tomorrow, I will turn 52, whoopee. Haven't done much of anything with my life up to this point. For those of you thinking you don't need secondary education, you are wrong. Any type of learning is better than nothing.

It is very hard to get a decent job without it. Life and work experience don't seem to mean as much as they used to. Granted everything has become very techno, but what good does it do if you don't know how to apply common sense to it?

I wish I had gone on to school after high school, had the chance, just didn't have the nerve to leave home and move that far away. Back when technical colleges were just vocational schools, I was accepted at Anoka for their Medical Secretary program, had a relative to stay with, schooling for the most part at that time was free if you were a resident of Minnesota, everything set up. Then I looked at a map and thought, man that's a long way away from home. Gave it up and got a job instead.
Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

The only extra schooling I ever received was when I got my Nurse's Aid Certification. Was working at a nursing home, and they not only paid for the course, but they paid us our hourly wage to attend. Although I enjoyed the work, worked the 11-7 shift, I am no longer physically able to do that type of work. Did do Home Health Care for a while. Enjoyed that also, just too bad that there was so much driving involved, and such distances between cares.

Oh well, enough of the maudlin thoughts. I got another post done and that is as it should be.

What do you think or dream about when you can't sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment