Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day Two

3:30 in the morning. Not sure what's going on, but lately I have been waking up at 2:30 and been unable to go back to sleep for a couple of hours. Gotta tell ya, not enjoying it very much, and it needs to stop. Please don't tell me to go to bed at a late time, doesn't make any difference.

So, I went ahead a applied for the job on line. Only to have them come back and say that there weren't any job openings currently that met my qualifications. Does that mean that I was over qualified, under qualified or answered all of their questions wrong? And, if there aren't any openings, why do they have it posted on their site? Remove it and quit wasting my time.

Next time I am not going to be so honest in my answers and see what happens, Maybe they are just looking for someone who is under smart enough to catch their eye, so they can say, "Let's see what we can do with this one."

Like I said before, job hunting is not easy or fun. It is the one area in your life that can make you feel like a total loser. You hear all the time, keep your spirits up, the right job will come along, you'll find something soon. Well, it is very hard to keep the spirits up when you are trying to pay the bills, and how do you know if it is the right job when you can't get an interview, and if there is nothing out there for which you are qualified, how can you find something soon? Just saying.

Maybe, just maybe, I should start appling for those positions that I know that I am no qualified for and join the force of hundreds of others doing the same thing. There again, a waste of my time. Not that I can't afford to waste some of it, it is just the idea of getting the oomph up to do it.

I am trying to be positive and look on the bright side. First of all, I don't have to go out in the cold unless I want to. I don't have to worry about what the roads are like, and I don't have to keep looking out of the windows wondering if I am going to get home or not. At the moment I am warm, fed and lucky to be able to pay the bills. Better than some, worse than some.

I don't feel as if I am an overly aggresive person, but I do like to get things done when they should be done and do them correctly. It is too easy in life to say I'll get to it tomorrow. Tomorrow just gives you twice as much to get done than if you had done it right away and gotten it out of the way. New goals everyday!

Finally got some photos up on my Facebook page. Not much, but it is a start. Couple in there of our Granddaughter with her Christmas stuff. One of the best things we got her this year was a Pick Me Up Elmo. Says a whole bunch of different things and giggles. She loved it.

Weather is suppose to co-operate today, so I will get the garbage out, again, that is one never ending job, It is nice to have the temps in the upper 20's and lower
30's. Doesn't take much to make me happy, never has.

No comments:

Post a Comment