Saturday, January 23, 2010

Week 2 Day 1

Here I sit once again. Still dark out, wet, damp and all around crappy. Good thing I don't have to go out in it for any reason at all.

Today we are going to start getting everything ready for Amber's birthday lunch tomorrow. Arlen is going to make the Chicken Cordon Bleu, I am going to make the cream puffs for the desert. Since I know that not everyone coming enjoys a pudding type desert, I also picked up a tray of chocolate cupscakes. Gotta keep 'em all happy and wanting to come back.

Got a call from my mom last night, all of her lab results were normal and she won't know anything about the MRI and ECHO until next week when she sees the neurologist out in Fargo.

She also told me that my niece, Kate, got engaged. Eiher yesterday or the day before. Was pretty excited about it. Ah, young love. She lives in New Mexico, so the chance of us going is pretty next to nothing. Will send a card wishing her all the best.

Right after I got off the phone with my mom, my sister-in-law, Jan, called. She is in the Waconia hospital. Has some uncontrolled bleeding, she didn't go into details, although she did say that she wasn't going to let her parents know. Wouldn't make much difference either way, since they wouldn't come up to see her. Duane wouldn't feel good, and since he does the driving, well, what can I say.

Don't know how long she'll be there or what they are planning on doing, Arlen will call later to find all that out. If we go to visit her, it will be a different experience for Arlen. He will actually get to walk out of the hospital withought having to sign lots of papers.

Other than all of that, I don't have much to talk about today.

Think about this: When something good happens and then is followed by something not so good, which one do you concentrate on?

No comments:

Post a Comment