Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day Six

What has it's ending at the beginning, and its beginning at the end? Are you one of those people who just love riddles and brain teasers? Me, not so much. I think that part of my brain just decided to go on vacation and liked it so much it moved permanantly.

One more day to go and the first week of this blog will be complete. Has it impacted any body, I don't know. Has it helped anybody, still don't know. Has it made a difference in my daily life, sure. I now have something to do in the early morning hours, where as before, all I tried to do was sleep. Silly me.

Some days I wish I had lots of stories from my past to write about, but alas, I don't. My childhood was pretty mundane. Born in Redwood Falls, moved to Cedar Rapids, Ia when I was in 3rd grade, moved to Echo, Mn for the last part of 4th grade, stayed there until the middle of 6th grade, moved back to Redwood for the last part of 6th grade, moved back to Echo for 8th - 12th grade. Except for Echo, every other town involved 2 schools. These weren't moves by choice for my parents, they were moves of need. Due to my Dad's health problems.

Was nice to finally settle down in one area for most of high school, make some friends and have relatives close by. The one thing all the moving around hurt, was in the fact that you never learned how to make a friendship that lasted longer than the school did.

I believe that next year will be our 35th Reunion. Don't know if we will go or not. I don't enjoy that kind of thing. As I have gotten older, I have realized that I just don't have that much in common with any of them any longer. To me, all it is is a chance for everyone to brag about how many diffrent homes they have, what they do for a living, if they make more money and how perfect their children are. I have one home, am unemployed at the moment, Arlen can't work, and although my children are great, thank God they aren't perfect! I can't go and embellish these facts, nor do I want to, so we generally stay away from school functions.

If you miss and enjoy seeing your classmates, by all means go. If you don't, don't worry about it, there are so many other things in life to worry about. Don't let anybody tell you they missed you because you weren't there, trust me, they may have commented on it at the time, but then went on to do whatever it was they were doing.
Good for them.

Answer to the beginning riddle: Winter

2 comments:

  1. I think you are perfect just the way you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to read your wise words of wisdom! Keep em' coming!

    ReplyDelete