Monday, January 25, 2010

Week2 Day 3

Well, all you Vikings fans, they lost. No big surprise there. All of you know that I am not a fan of football, however, my dear husband decided last night that I needed to be kept up to date on most of the plays. I kept telling him, I don't care, they are going to lose anyway. Do feel bad for those of you who were pulling for them and hoping for a miracle.

Woke up this morning to a very windy day. All I could think of was that I have to take out the garbage and run uptown later. Not looking forward to going outside.

Yesterday's meal for Amber turned out well. Of course, I completely forgot that I had to cut up the cauliflower and broccoli and cook it. Nothing dried out while I was waiting for it to get done. Everyone ate a lot and seemed to enjoy it. Arlen did an excellent job with the Chicken Cordon Bleu and even had a request for it again. It is always fun to experiment with something new. We do however test it out on ourselves before we serve it to others.

Both grandkids were here, which always makes it more special. Brandon just thinks the world of Lily and Lily looks up to her big cousin. She was pretty cute with some of the words she now says. She loves blueberries, so much so that she will ask to have some "boobies". Of course, we had to keep making her say it over and over again.

Collin and Amber brought along Taz, their golden retreiver. Our cats decided that they didn't really think that was appropriate, after all they wouldn't invade his space. It was fun watching the fur on the backs and the tails inflate. Takes so little to amuse us.

Pets are the greatest thing ever. You always have someone to talk to, they never argue or disagree with you, and they think you are the best thing in life next to kibble. I'll take it.

Since this is Monday, not much has happened to write about so I guess I will leave you with this thought: Since the Vikings lost to the Saints, does that mean they need to get a little more religion, or go to Norway and learn how to fight?

1 comment:

  1. Dinner was delicious. The girl didn't really nap on the way home though. Blech.

    ReplyDelete