Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Week 2 Day 3

Here I sit again. Trying to come up with something witty and smart to write about. Not sure how that is going to happen.

Was up most of the night, that is what happens when you don't do anything during the day. Listening to the wind blow, just made me more tired and unable to sleep. How nice would it be to be a weather person? You can be wrong more than you are right, still make lots of money and never have to worry about being fired because of what you said.

What ever happened to the good old days (?) when people from around the state used to be in touch with the forecasters and let them know what was going on outside? Or even, when the forecasters themselves used to get outside to see what was going on? At least then no matter where you were, your area was partially covered. Now if you don't live in the Metro area or Wisconsin, your area doesn't exist unless something dire happens.

We all know that since it is winter, it is going to be cold, windy and snowy. Any idiout can predict that. The Farmer's Almanac (if it is still around) was always a handy thing to have in the house. People used to keep track of everything and recognized when a cycle was to start or end. Heck, even the old farmer's were better at predicting the weather just by watching the beavers and other wildlife.

Now everything is so high tech, me, I go by how my knees feel. If they hurt alot, it's going to be damp and cold, doesn't matter the season. This year my back has been trying to get in on the act. It has not been a good year for nice weather.

My Dad was a good one for getting it right. Due to his injuries when I was little it seemed like he could predict a week ahead of time what was coming. Not just in Minnesota either. Of course, the other states didn't count for as much, still don't as far as I am concerned. I'm not in them, so don't really care what happens there, unless someone I know is going to be going to one of them. There were very few things that Dad was ever wrong about. How many of you can say that about your Father's?

Think about this: Without Dads and Moms, where would be actually be?

No comments:

Post a Comment