Monday, May 10, 2010

Weekend over, finally

Now that Mother's Day is over we have garage sale day, fishing opener and Father's Day coming up.  Why is it that once Spring hits, there is always so much to do.

Not only do we have everything above but we have Lily's birthday and Brandon's birthday during the next month.  Right now I have the time to enjoy it all, but certainly not the money.  I will make do, I always seem to.

Garage sale day in town here is this coming Saturday.  I am on the hunt for a car seat to have here and a new bed frame.  I like the bed that we have, but it is time for something different.  There are a couple listed so will go and check them out.  One is brass and the other I believe is iron..  No cats will be able to scratch on them.

We did have a good weekend.  Mom and Mike cam down on Saturday and spent the night.  Collin, Miranda and Lily came down for Sunday.  Grilled burger, brats and dogs.  Had every topping you could think of for each of them, plus fresh fruit salad, chips and dip and beans.  It looked like so much food once it was all laid out, but when you consider most of it was for the meat, it really wasn't that much.  Mom brought down the sweets like she always does, and my brother, Mike, drove so that Mom wouldn't have to.  It was nice to see and visit with him.  We seem to only get together every 5 years or so.

Lily enjoyed the chalkboard and pretty much stayed there.  She would scribble and then erase and then ask where it go?  Very fun to watch.  Didn't care too much about her other toys so the room stayed fairly clean.

Now all I have to do is recuperate and get back in the swing of things.  We did get the lawn moved and trimmed on Saturday before people showed up.  It looked so nice.  Now if we wouldn't need to mow again in a couple of days life would be almost perfect.

I have decided that I am getting tired of being asked if I have heard anything yet about when I go back to work.  As soon as I know, I will make sure to let everyone else know also.  I did check my unemployment account and have about 7 weeks left at the rate I am at now.  I will then be able to re-apply for another extension, but I'm pretty sure that I won't have to.

I think that will do it for now.  Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment