Friday, May 7, 2010

How did it get to be Friday?

I could have sworn 2 days ago that it was Friday.  Now that it is, I have so many things to do and I just don't want to do them.  It is always easier to work when it is sunny and warm.  But NOOOO, they are talking snow flurries this afternoon.  Where the hell is that coming from.  So glad that we haven't done any planting yet.

I got all my shopping done for Sunday.  Just have to get the kitchen and baths cleaned and then I am pretty much ready.  As much as I enjoy having company, I just as much enjoy not having it also.  I know that is a contridiction but that is just the way it is.

I was talking to my daughter yesterday, she said that they had given Lily a big box to play with and she was in 7th heaven.  What is it with kids and boxes?  They don't care what came in it, as long as they themselves fit in it.  Of course it is always good for the imagination.  They can have a house, a boat, a car, a hide out, whatever they fancy at the moment.  Why we ever buy anything except empty boxes is beyond me.

I got to thinking last night, I know!, we have a high chair that Miranda and I re-finished about 9 years ago.  This high chair converts into a chair with a tray that can be used for almost anything.  We actually painted the tray with chalkboard paint.  So today I am going out to storage to bring it back and then picking up chalk.  When Lily is here she will have a place to sit and draw or color or eat her snacks.

I finally got my insurance card, so now I can make a Dr. app't.  Was going to do that today, but I think I will wait until next week.  No particular reason, oh yeah, no money for the co-pay.  What's a couple of more days waiting when I haven't been able to go for the last 2 years or so?  Obama's health care plan is so full of holes, he just has no idea.  He wants every person to have health insurance.  What about the homeless, the unemployed and the ones who just can't afford it.  If he really wanted to do something with health care, he would get it set up like Canada and England.  There is you have a job, you are covered no matter what.  There are a lot of people out there that could be working and choose not to, them I don't feel for.

The other thing is Minnesota GAMC.  They are planning on cancelling it altogether.  Fine, cancel it on the parents that are capable of working, but keep it going for the kids and the people who really need it.  My theory is this, just because you decide that you want a whole bunch of kids in order to get more AFDC, doesn't mean that the state should have to pick up the tab for the whole shebang.  Hospitals and Dr. visits are not cheap.

The whole welfare system is totally screwed up as far as I am concerned.  Why anybody would choose to stay on it for years and years is way beyond my scope of understanding.  There is nothing more degrading than to know that you are capable of being a contributing member of society and yet choosing to do nothing.  I just don't get it.  And yes, I do have first hand experience.  We were on it for a short period of time out of necessity, but I couldn't wait to get off it.  It doesn't teach your children anything about responsibility or self worth.  It teaches them that if they play the system right, they will never have to work or take on anything that they may be a little bit uncomfortable with.  What a shame.

Have a great Mother's Day weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Pat! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete