Monday, May 24, 2010

Oh Monday, Monday

I keep thinking that I am hearing thunder.  May have to go check it out sometime.  Finally broke down and put the AC in the bedroom.  What a difference.  Felt so good to take a shower and not have wet hair all day.

Have any of you ever tuned in to KTLK 100.3 FM?  All talk radio.  Some of the topics are pretty interesting.  They really get going on Obama, that's always fun to listen to.  They have also lately been talking about Mexico and the illegal aliens.  Evidently it is ok for them to come here, but if you show up there illegally, you can be exported or imprisoned for up to 10 years.  Even to talk in favor of illegal aliens can get you jail time.  Do you really want to go to that country for anything?

It's too bad that the US doesn't have the same type of laws for dealing with our problem.  No, let's give them homes, jobs, couny assistance, worker's comp, unemployment, credit cards, free schooling, etc. etc.  I personally think that we should be taking care of our own before trying to take care of someone else's.  Just my opinion.

Okay enough of my high horse.  Yesterday I got so hungry for a fresh, homemade donut.  So I whipped up a batch and made donut balls.  Yep, exactly what I needed.  That and cold jell-o, made that too.  Both go really well with coffee.

We got a 18 cup perculator pot for the stove for $1 at a garage sale.  Nothin beats perked coffee.  The smell, the taste, the heat of it, just perfect. So now about every other day, I make a big pot and then put it in the air pot, stays hot for at least a day and a half.  Saves lots of coffee that way.  We don't throw out nearly as much as when we use the Bunn maker we have.  Coffee unless it is kept in an air tight container, becomes stale and oily.  Not an attactive site, plus it just doesn't get as hot, and let's face it, coffee is supposed to be burn your mouth hot.

I see that they are here to start digging in our yard.  Not sure what it is they are digging up, but the cable, gas, electric and phone people were here last week marking everything out.  I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with the sewer.  Hopefully, they respect the fact that where they are going to dig, is real close to where the strawberries and tomatoes are planted.  That is probably a false hope, but being the ever optimistic person I know I can be, I'm still hoping.  At least they are doing it while all the kids are in school.  I like kids, don't get me wrong, just not other people's.  Does that make any sense at all?

Just looked out the window, yep, they are idiots.  Only women should be able to dig up yards.  At least we appreciate the plantings.  Alright, I was wrong, they have missed the plants so far.  Would have been nice if we had been informed that they were going to do this and why. Not a word.  Love that communication!

Wow, I have just gone on and on.  Makes a difference when there is a couple of days in between.  My brain has a chance to come up with topics.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment