Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Really crappy weather

Why does it seem that for every day of sunny days we get, we end up with twice as many cold, wet, cloudy, depressing ones?  I don't know if it is just me that feels this way or not.  Not that it makes any difference, I still haven't figured out how to control the weather. Is some of this the result of the volcano in Iceland or just Minnesota being Minnesota?  Who knows?

We are waiting for a phone call from Arlen's mom.  Yesterday they took his dad to the hospital and no one bothered to let us or Jan know.  Arlen had been trying to call all afternoon.  He finally got a hold of his brother Gary, who then told him about it.  Not sure what the reason was, from what he has been able to piece together, Allen had a bunch of fluid built up around his heart.  Don't know if that is why.  Arlen was understabably upset when his mom finally called around 8:30 pm,  wanted to know why no one bothered to let him know.  She didn't have an answer, and then when he asked why Duane couldn't have called, she didn't know what to say to that either.  Isn't this one of the main reasons that we carry cell phones?  I know it is for me.  So like I said we are waiting to hear more info, whether or not we need to go down there, or how long he will be in the hospital, or what they are doing for him.  I say, "Welcome to my world".

I have been semi-productive this morning.  Got my dishes done, the bed stripped and re-made and laundry going.  I think that is all that I am going to attempt to do today.  This weather is playing havoc with my back.  I need sunshine and warmth.  Then when I look out the window I can almost see the grass growing more and more each minute.  So as soon as it is dry enough, we mow and trim again!  Doesn't take long when we both go at it.

Well, I better go, have to wait for that call!

No comments:

Post a Comment