Saturday, April 2, 2011

Becoming self sufficient

I have discoved something new about myself this past week.  I can be self sufficient.  I don't necessarily need to have people around me all the time, and I can learn how to do simple things around the house.  I always knew how to do the simplest, but I'm talking about dismantling a bed, putting it back together, you know the stuff we have husbands for.

I finally got both the bedrooms done, the kitchen table moved, cabinets moved and I am still alive to talk about it.

Taking the bed apart was very interesting.  Foot board, no problem, first side of head board no problem, second side, problem.  Bolts didn't want to come loose.  Had to find the old socket set, then figure out how to use the darn thing.  I did.  Putting it back together was another problem.  Cast iron head and foot board, heavy.  Went to put the head board onto the frame, darn thing damn near fell on my head.  Luckily it missed.  Got it together, wrong position in room.  Clear everything out to move bed around.  Got it done, made and looking pretty good.  Few little things to move around in there, but it is ready for visitors.

I did end up with a very sore back.  Tried to get out of bed this morning, couldn't hardly stand up straight.  Laid back down for a little while, semed to help.  I have been sleeping so good on the twin bed, 7 to 8 hours at a time.  Haven't done that for I don't know how long.

Got up around 4:30, had coffee and a fruit roll up for breakfast.  Gathered all my garbage together, had it out by 6.  Of course, throughout the day I have managed to accumulate more.  Another trip in the morning.  Got my bed stripped, and re-made, laundry all done, dishes done, cake made, kitchen table moved into the new dining room.  So I am now ready to lay down.

One problem, as soon as I lay down and start to drift off, the neighbor decides that is when he has to load up his snowmobile.  I am pretty sure this is the same one who got hung up on ice.  Brilliant person.  Revving that thing up, hope he burned something out.  Serve him right.  Idiot.

What a beautiful day weather wise.  I opened up a few windows to air out the old house.  Turned the thermostat down to 60, and enjoyed the fresh air coming in.  Have since closed a couple of the windows, but hey, I'm not that young any more.  Cold air just gets to me faster.

Was planning on going out to storage and starting in there, guess it will have to wait until next weekend.  After all the crap isn't going any place (although I wish it would run away).  So that's been my day so far and it is only 1:30.  What to do, What to do.

Enjoy the day and the sunshine.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have been super productive mom! Can't wait to see all the changes!

    ReplyDelete