Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Arguments

During the past 2 days I have managed to have 1 argument per day.

Yesterday it was with the guy I called about getting our gas pumps up and running.  None of the different grades of gas were being dispensed.  He tried to tell me that it couldn't happen to all of them at once and did I know the difference between them.  What?  I work at a convenience store, oh yeah, we sell gas!  Blew up at him.  He deserved it.

Today a truck driver came in and proceeded to tell me that I did not know how to do a T-Check with an authorzization code.  Once again I repeat, I work at a convenience store.  The past couple of days someone has been doing his code incorrectly.  I blew up.  I don't think I have ever had that loud of an argument with a customer before.  Moral:  customer is not always right.  We did get it straightened out and hopefully the next time (ugh) he comes in, this can be avoided.

Maybe tomorrow I will have a calmer day. 

Gas price in St. Boni was at 3.79 per gallon.  Come on people, get real.  How can they make any money selling it 20 cents higher than most of us around here?  Little bit of gouging going on?  I know that down in the cities that is where the price is at, still ridiculousl.

Next week at work, we start making our own donuts again.  Good thing I remember how to do them, since it was my idea.  Did a comparison between the cost of doing them our selves and getting in the thaw & serve.  About a 30 - 50 cent difference.  At least we will be making a bit more per donut, and can always make more fresh if need be.  The thing with donuts is this, if they haven't sold by noon, they probably won't sell.  We have a couple of people (I use the term loosely) that work in the afternoon, that think it is just wrong for the display case to be empty.  Idiots.

So far, that is how my week is going, and it's only Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment