Sunday, June 27, 2010

Stuff happens

Yep the title for this one pretty much says it all.  This has been one of the worst weeks of my life so far.

I believe that I told you that I was diagnosed with diabetes.  That is going well so far, my blood sugar has come down and is pretty much staying where it is supposed to be or at least within acceptable areas.  I have an appointment with a nutritionist on the 13th, then I will finally find out what I can and can't eat, how much and how often.  I can't imagine what my blood sugar was before I lost the amount of weight that I have lost.

Wednesday I went to the Dr. thinking I had a really bad cold and it turned out to be pneumonia.  Made it really miserable at work, but thank goodness I work with a great lady and she picked up the slack for me.  I am feeling better, still get a little winded if I do too much, but I can handle that.

Work is going good.  At first it was so slow that the time just dragged.  Each day it has steadily gotten a little bit busier.  Friday was a very steady day as far as customers go.  The time went by so much faster.  We have started a Taco Tuesday and Fajita Friday.  To get it out that we have these items, we put a fajita up in the warmer, it barely left my hand and it was gone.  We ended up putting 4 more in.  If that is what it takes to sell the darn things, then so be it.

The people that I work for are great.  They are actively involved in the running of the store and are easy to talk to and ask questions of.  Lately they seem to have more questions for me than I do for them.  That's okay,  as long as I can answer the question, I'm doing good.

I think that is all to get you caught up, have a great week.  Talk to you on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment