Monday, June 7, 2010

Sorry for the delay

I first want to apologize for taking so long to get back to this.  We have had a very hectic 2 weeks.

The first week Arlen was going through withdrawal from his pain patches.  Not fun.  Absolutely no fun to be around him and watch what he was going through.  Why do people choose to do drugs?  If they only knew what they would have to go through in order to kick the habit, maybe they would think twice.  But we made it and he is doing 100% better.

Last week Tuesday, Arlen's dad passed away out in Sioux Falls.  Wasn't totally unexpected, but still hard to deal with.  He went to the hospital with pnuemonia and just never fully recovered.  We went down for the viewing on Thursday night with the funeral on Friday morning.  Brought the little miss back with us and went to a graduation on Sat.  I am so glad that the weekend is over.

The worst part of the whole passing and funeral is the following.  Arlen's younger brother, Daune, decided Thursday that he wasn't feeling well enough to attend the viewing.  Friday morning at 4:30 his mother had to call the ambulance to come and get him.  Evidently he was throwing up blood, he is still in the hospital.  He is supposed to have a bleeding ulcee, an infection in his stomach and colon.  Needless to say he missed his own father's funeral.  He will never be able to get that back.  During the funeral and after, his mom was so worried about him,  I told her that she first needed to take care of herself or she wouldn't be any good to anyone.  After the funeral we went out to the farm.  We thought she was going to go to the hospital to see him, but surprise, she didn't.  Good for her.  She seems to be adjusting very well to the whole situation.  There is a lot more involved but it just ticks me off to no end every time I think about him.

I went in for my first day of work this morning.  Was suppose to have register training on the new registers.  Nothing got started really until after lunch.  Isn't that the way it usually goes?  Got home around 4:15.  Tomorrow I go back for more training and to help get all of the stuff on the shelves opened up and ready for the first day to be open, which should be Thursday.

I can't wait to get used to being on my feet again.  My legs were so sore when I got home, I honestly thought about chopping them off.  The good thing (I Think) I guess I will be manager out there.  So on top of getting paid, Cindy asked if it would be ok with me if they gave me cash bonuses every so often.  What do you say to that?  No I don't want no stinking cash bonus, get real.  I will take case any day of the week, and I do mean any day of the week!  At least the owners are going to be working a lot of the hours themselves, so they will be able to answer most questions any one should have.

They did a really nice job when they remodeled the store.  Looks so much nicer than before.

Will keep you informed as to how it is going.  Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations again on the job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the new job is going well. Congrats again mom.

    ReplyDelete