Sunday, November 7, 2010

Time flies!

Wow, I can't believe how fast the time has been going lately.  Seems like just a few days ago it was the start of summer, now here we are into November all ready.  I find myself thinking a lot about the holidays.

I would like to go up to my mom's for Thanksgiving, but it all depends on the weather (stupid Minnesota).  More than likely we will end up staying home.  Miranda has invited us up to their place for the holiday, again all depends on the weather.  I guess I will just pick up a small turkey just in case.

Christmas is going to be difficult this year.  Every other year I have received a weekly pay check, this year I get one every two weeks.  Which is fine, except all the bills are pretty much due at the same time, good bye money.

I can't figure out what to do for the kids, or if I can afford to do anything.  The grand kids, now that is another story.  There is no way that I will not buy them stuff.  I will go hungry first before not buying them presents.  I have a good idea of what to get the Lily and the Brandon, but the Claire, maybe diapers or formula.  I know that they can use it.  Miranda has all of Lily's stuff, so not so much with the clothes.  Maybe  couple of warm sleepers.

I guess that in December, Arlen's sister Jan is planning on doing Christmas on the Penske side sometime around Doris' birthday.  There again it depends on the weather, as they live down in the Marshall, Redwood Falls area.  I really don't want' to get stuck there.  Still have a few problems with Arlen's younger brother.

As you can see, I still don't have much to say, no opinions on anything, no major problems (other than my spelling today), no difficult decisions to be made.  Very boring actually.

We do have to have the shingles replaced on our roof.  The wind storm last month caused most of them to end up on the ground.  Just waiting to find out what the final total of the claim will be and then can contact someone, hopefully before the snow starts flying.

Would be nice if Collin and Adam were able to do it.  Just the cost of the shingles then and a little bit for them for their time.  Oh well, that's why we have insurance.

1 comment:

  1. You don't have to get us anything mom. I already stated that we aren't able to buy gifts for anyone other than the kids this year.

    And Claire won't know the difference if you don't get her anything. She'll love you anyway.

    I'm sure if you need adam to help with the roof he could. Just let us know, all depends on timing.

    ReplyDelete