Saturday, November 27, 2010

Holidays

I'm really bad at keeping up with this.  This year for some reason is especially hard. 

I usually get really depressed around Christams, but the holiday blues have descended early this time.  We were supposed to go to my Mom's orignally for Thanksgiving, that didn't work out, then we were going to Miranda's, needless to say with the weather forcast the way it was, we didn't make it there either.

I had picked up a turkey just so that when we got home we could cook it up and have leftovers, well we had the leftovers, and they were just as good as I had anticipated.  So much for that holiday.

I have also been feeling very disconnected from my family lately.  I realized that everyone is very busy and the phone works in both directions.  It seems like every time I call either one of the kids they are busy doing things with their in-laws or their other parent.  It probably doesn't help that we haven't had Lily for 2 months, but I do understand.  Miranda is pregnant and due at any time, I don't want her out on the roads.  I can't remember the last time we saw Brandon, but I believe it was right around 2 months ago.  I miss the little stinkers.  We don't get out and about very much because of Arlens health.

After his bout with blood clots in his legs, he has gone more and more down hill.  He now uses a walker or wheel chair to get around.  Makes it very hard to go any place.  We don't dare get caught out on the roads.  We do have road side assistance, but who knows how long that would take to reach us.

I love the job that I am doing now, however, the pay is kinda sucky and I just can't afford to spend what I would like on Christmas.  One of my greatest pleasures this time of year is getting things for everyone.  Yet this time I am unable to do so.  Debating whether to even put up any decorations as I know that no one will be here to see them, and I just don't feel like dealing with the cats getting into them.  That, and I know that I would have to do them all without any help.  Normally wouldn't bother me, this year it does.

I have also been fight a good case of pnuemonia again.  Last month it was bronchitis.  I know that the smoking doesn't help (yes, I quit for awhile and fell back wards) but I know plenty of people who smoke and don't have this many problems.  My doctor never seems to give me enough anti-biotics.  Only 7 days worth.  So I called up to have her re-prescribe them.  Hopefully another full week will be enough to knock it out once and for all.  I really am looking forward to feeling better.

I would like to get a jump on the Christmas baking, just can't decide what to make.  Rosettes for sure.  A lot of those will be going to work for the customers.  For without them I would not have a job!

Waiting anxiously for the arrival of little Claire, we all need some special magic this time of year and what is more magical than holding a new baby?

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment